Kołbacz is a village in the West Pomeranian county (in the rural municipality of Stare Czarnowo) on the Płonia River southeast of Szczecin; Immediately west of Kołbacz, the Szczecin Landscape Park begins. To the east lies Lake Miedwie. The area is touristy interesting; there is the opportunity to sail on the river until Szczecin (kayak excursion).
This place has a special place in the history of Danish-Polish relations through the ages. To the newly constructed Cistercian monastery in Kołbacz arrived in 1174 Cistercian monks from Esrum Monastery in Denmark with the mission of Christianizing the inhabitants of Pomerania. In 1210 they began the building of the present church, which is still popularly called “the Danish church”. In 1535 the monastery was demolished. In 1985, the present Kołbacz parish church was established.
In addition to the church, the monastery buildings can also be seen.
Translated into English by Google Translate. Spangshus.dk accept no liability for any errors or omissions in translation.