Wąbrzeźno is located in Kujawy, northeast of Bydgoszcz.
From 1246 the settlement is known by this name. In 1303, the construction of the diocese castle began. In 1331, the city gained market town rights.
The ruins of the castle, erected in the early 1300s, can be seen on Borghøjen.
The Holy Apostles Simon and Judas’ Church
The Polish Soldier Memorial
from 1947 – stands in the middle of the square (now John Paul II’s Space) and carries the inscription “To the defenders of freedom, the builders of peace, 1939-1945”
Wabrzezno – with practical information for tourists
Translated into English by Google Translate. Spangshus.dk accept no liability for any errors or omissions in translation.