Głubczyce

Town


Głubczyce City Hall and Mary Statue. – Photo by: Kasjanek, Ratusz miejski in the column maryjna Głubczyce, mark as public domain, more details on Wikimedia Commons

Distance

63 km N

Population

12.735 (2017)

Location and history

Głubczyce is located in southern Poland, south of Opole and close to the Czech border.
The town was probably founded around 1224. It is known that Głubczyce acquired rights as a market town in 1270.

Tourist attractions

City Park.

Virgin Mary's Birth Church
Gothic church building from the 13th century.

St. Anna's Church
was erected outside the city walls in the 16th-17th century. The church was destroyed during the Swedish wars, and the nuv. building dates back to the main proceedings from 1776.

The pillar of Mary in front of the town hall
dates from 1738.

Franciscan Monastery with the Abbey Church
Originally from 1448, built in wood. The wooden buildings burned in 1476 and later rebuilt in stone. The present appearance of the complex dates from 1753-70.

City Hall
from 1876-1879.

Surrounding Area

Głubczyce Forest

Accommodation

Booking.com
Głubczyce – in Polish, Czech, German and English. – With practical information for tourists.

Eating Out:

Głubczyce – in Polish, Czech, German and English. – With practical information for tourists.

Other Internet sites and sources

Głubczyce – in Polish, Czech, German and English.

Translated into English by Google Translate. Spangshus.dk accept no liability for any errors or omissions in translation.

Map
Głubczyce
Rating
This place is particulary interesting:
Good Must see

Search for accommodation
Booking.com
Search


Denne side er også tilgængelig på dansk. This page and contents is (c) Copyright 2018- www.spangshus.dk. Based on Inviator software by ISCA Software