Staszów is located in Holy Cross County, in southeastern Poland, southeast of Kielce. The town was founded in 1525, but the village of this name is known from 1241 in connection with the invasion of the Tatars, whereby the village and the parish church burned down.
St. Barthomomeus’ Church.
This originally wood-built parish church, which burned down in 1241, was rebuilt in 1342-43 as a Gothic-style stone church.
The river Czarna runs through the city. There are several lakes, ponds and water reservoirs in the urban area as well as in the surrounding area. Of the latter, the largest is the artificial lake Chańcza, located northwest of the city.
Staszów – with practical information for tourists
Translated into English by Google Translate. Spangshus.dk accept no liability for any errors or omissions in translation.