Warning: Undefined array key 133 in /customers/b/c/8/spangshus.dk/httpd.www/poland/index.php on line 807 Warning: Undefined variable $ratingdisabled in /customers/b/c/8/spangshus.dk/httpd.www/poland/_func.php on line 200 Warning: Undefined variable $ratingdisabled in /customers/b/c/8/spangshus.dk/httpd.www/poland/_func.php on line 201 Warning: Undefined variable $ratingdisabled in /customers/b/c/8/spangshus.dk/httpd.www/poland/_func.php on line 202 Warning: Undefined variable $ratingdisabled in /customers/b/c/8/spangshus.dk/httpd.www/poland/_func.php on line 203 Warning: Undefined variable $ratingdisabled in /customers/b/c/8/spangshus.dk/httpd.www/poland/_func.php on line 204 Warning: Undefined variable $ratingdisabled in /customers/b/c/8/spangshus.dk/httpd.www/poland/_func.php on line 225 Warning: Undefined variable $ratingtekst in /customers/b/c/8/spangshus.dk/httpd.www/poland/_func.php on line 227 Prusice

Prusice

(Short edition)

Prusice City Hall. To the left is the tower of St. James's Church

Distance

Żmigród
13 km NV,
Brzeg Dolny
27 km SV, 11 km SE, 26 km SV, 34 km S

Population

2.302 (2011)

Location and history

Prusice is located in Silesia, in the northeastern part of the Lower Silesia region, north of the regional capital Wrocław.

Former forms of the city name: Prusnicza (1295), Pruzicz (1300), Pruśnica (1847).
The site was first mentioned in 1136. The town gained market town rights in 1287. The prince of Wroclaw, Henry III Biały (Henry III the White), built a castle here in the second half of the 13th century. A fortified castle was erected in the 15th century. During the Second World War there was a subdivision of the German concentration camp Gross-Rosen. Today, Prusice is one of the smallest towns in the Lower Silesian region.

Tourist attractions

Among the attractions include:

St. James's Church
This single-Gothic church is first mentioned in the documents in 1253. The church burned in 1432 and its present form dates from 1492.

City Hall
Like other cities founded in the Middle Ages, Prusice has a square square in which the center of the town hall is built. Construction of the town hall in Prusice began in 1512. After a fire in 1529, the town hall was rebuilt in 1529-1553 in the Renaissance style. However, the current shape of the building – still in the Renaissance style – dates from 1931. At the top of the 39-meter high town hall tower is a viewpoint.

Bymuren
Remains of the medieval city wall and the castle wall (one of the very few remains of the former castle on the site).

Surrounding Area

Accommodation

Booking.com
Prusice – in Polish, English and German, with practical information for tourists

Eating Out:

Prusice – in Polish, English and German, with practical information for tourists

Other Internet sites and sources

Prusice – in Polish, English and German

Translated into English by Google Translate. Spangshus.dk accept no liability for any errors or omissions in translation.

Map
Prusice
Rating
This place is particulary interesting:
Good Must see

Search for accommodation
Booking.com
Search


Denne side er også tilgængelig på dansk. This page and contents is (c) Copyright 2018- www.spangshus.dk. Based on Inviator software by ISCA Software