The city of Brzeg – in the western part of the present Opole region – is on the high left bank of the Odra River.
From 1311 to 1675, the city was the capital of an independent principality.
The Renaissance-style prince's castle from the middle of the 16th century. The castle was destroyed when the town was taken in 1741 and rebuilt in 1966-1990. Especially the richly decorated building facades are considered the most valuable building art from the Renaissance period in Central Europe.
St. Mikołaj Gothic church built between 1370 and 1417.
The town hall – in the town square – in the late Renaissance style with Gothic elements from 1570-1577.
The city wall. On the river there are remnants of the defense wall and the Odra gate.
Brzeg City official site (Polish, English, German, French, Czech) – Here also practical information for tourists
Brzeg City official site (Polish, English, German, French, Czech)
Translated into English by Google Translate. Spangshus.dk accept no liability for any errors or omissions in translation.