Warning: Undefined array key 233 in /customers/b/c/8/spangshus.dk/httpd.www/poland/index.php on line 807 Warning: Undefined variable $ratingdisabled in /customers/b/c/8/spangshus.dk/httpd.www/poland/_func.php on line 200 Warning: Undefined variable $ratingdisabled in /customers/b/c/8/spangshus.dk/httpd.www/poland/_func.php on line 201 Warning: Undefined variable $ratingdisabled in /customers/b/c/8/spangshus.dk/httpd.www/poland/_func.php on line 202 Warning: Undefined variable $ratingdisabled in /customers/b/c/8/spangshus.dk/httpd.www/poland/_func.php on line 203 Warning: Undefined variable $ratingdisabled in /customers/b/c/8/spangshus.dk/httpd.www/poland/_func.php on line 204 Warning: Undefined variable $ratingdisabled in /customers/b/c/8/spangshus.dk/httpd.www/poland/_func.php on line 225 Warning: Undefined variable $ratingtekst in /customers/b/c/8/spangshus.dk/httpd.www/poland/_func.php on line 227 Alwernia

Alwernia


Alwernia’s city arms

Distance

Bieruń
36 km V,
Libiąż
20 km NV, 40 km SV, 19 km NV, 32 km NV, 51 km SE, 49 km SV, 32 km E, 19 km NE, 56 km SE, 42 km N, 30 km SV, 34 km SE, 22 km NV, 28 km SV, 15 km SV

Population

2.000

Location and history

Alwernia is located between Kraków and Chrzanów, a few kilometers south of the Kraków-Katowice motorway. The town, which, despite its small size, was granted commercial property rights in 1993, is known as a resort.

Tourist attractions

Attractions:
Church and Monastery of the Bernadine Order.
The monastery and monastery church were built in the Baroque style in 1630-1676 with later remodels, including the tower from about 1900; the complex includes a cemetery with chapels from 1754-58.
Square.
The relatively large and beautiful square is also a well-maintained park dominated by a group of old oaks. The square houses wooden houses with archways from the 17th and 18th centuries. A street leads from the square to the monastery and the church.
Małopolska Fire Department Museum .
The museum, established in 1953, displays fire extinguishing equipment, vehicles and other effects from different periods of time and different parts of the region.

Surrounding Area

Alwernia is surrounded by the landscape park “Rudniański Park Krajobrazowy”. The river Wisła runs along the western and southern boundary of the park (6-7 km southwest and south of Alwernia).
Kwaczała (4 km west of Alwernia)
At this village exist “The petrified forest” with petrified trunks of trees (of the species araucaria) that have grown in this place for approx. 220 million years ago.
Wygiełzów. (9 km west of Alwernia)
Open Air Museum (Nadwiślański Park Etnograficzny) in the village of Wygiełzów west of Babice. Here you have collected examples of wooden buildings, characteristic of western Małopolska, especially rural houses – including complete farms – but also churches. Some buildings date back to the 16th century. –

Accommodation

Booking.com
Gmina Alwernia – with practical information for tourists

Eateries

Gmina Alwernia – with practical information for tourists

Other Internet sites and sources

Gmina Alwernia

Translated into English by Google Translate. Spangshus.dk accept no liability for any errors or omissions in translation.

Map
Alwernia
Rating
This place is particulary interesting:
Good Must see

Search for accommodation
Booking.com
Search


Denne side er også tilgængelig på dansk. This page and contents is (c) Copyright 2018- www.spangshus.dk. Based on Inviator software by ISCA Software